Kirsch, or kirschwasser (“cherrywater”) is a clear, dry eau de vie, not to be confused with cherry brandy, which is sweet. It makes a sophisticated substitute for vodka, as here in this riff on the cosmo. The “pearly crown” egg foam top adds a lovely body and mouthfeel.
Makes 2 servings
- 3 ounces kirschwasser eau de vie
- 3 ounces Triple Sec
- 3 ounces Red Crown Pomegranate Juice (Original or With Pulp)
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 fresh egg white (optional)
- Luxardo brand Maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
Add kirschwasser, Triple Sec and juices to cocktail shaker. Top with ice and shake vigorously.
Strain into chilled martini glasses.
Make “pearly crown” foam (optional) by adding egg white to clean, dry cocktail shaker. Shake well for 30 seconds until foamy. Gently add to top of each cocktail, garnish with cherries, and serve.