Fiesta Prawns with Pomegranate Pepper Marinade
Bold flavour and a punch of serrano pepper make this lickety-split preparation of prawns a favourite for festive get-togethers or a fun mid-week dinner.
Makes 4 servings
- 16 large prawns, shelled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons Red Crown Pomegranate Reduction*
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- fresh pomegranate seeds (optional)
In small bowl, whisk together pomegranate reduction, garlic, oil, sugar, salt and serrano pepper.
Add prawns to marinade. Let sit at room temperature for no longer than 20 minutes.
Place cast iron skillet over medium heat, and pan fry prawns for 2 minutes per side. (Alternative: grill prawns on barbeque at medium heat for 2 minutes per side.)
Transfer to serving plates, garnish with cilantro, lime wedges and pomegranate seeds (optional).
Red Crown Pomegranate Reduction is available at select retailers. Check here to find one close to you.